This video explains the £1.9B p.a. energy saving opportunity available to UK manufacturers and how Nestlé has made substantial energy efficiency improvements.
Despite ongoing improvements in energy use, the Next Manufacturing Revolution study* identified Energy Efficiency as a major opportunity for UK manufacturers worth:
- £1.9B p.a. in cost savings
- 19.2 MtCO2e in greenhouse gas emission savings
- 3,500 new skilled full time jobs
This video describes:
- How leading companies have saved up to 70% of their energy use through four different types of energy efficiency initiatives
- How Nestlé has reduced its energy use by 36% per tonne of product since 2006 in UK and Ireland plants, with more savings on the way
* The Next Manufacturing Revolution study available here was co-authored by Lavery/Pennell, the University of Cambridge’s Institute for Manufacturing and 2degrees.